I Actually Read a Book!

I do not like to read.  I like magazines with short excerpts and pictures.  Who has time to read?  Ha!  Well, I have to admit that I really don't mind to read if it is about something I am passionate about and keeps my attention, because then I will make time.



The book that I just finished is the second book I have read in the past year and that alone is amazing.  I have even surprised myself.  The series is Montana Marriages by Mary Connealy.  She is a Christian author that lives on a ranch in Nebraska.  So far I have read Montana Rose and just completed  The Husband Tree. 


The Husband Tree is chalked full of excitement:
  • Desperate love
  • Steadfastness of God 
  • Raising a slew of kids on a wide open range
  • Driving cattle in rugged terrain
This book made me cry many times as I saw parallels from my own life. One line spoken by Silas, the brave cowboy, to his wife "I don't know if either of us took the route God had in mind, but in the end it led us both to a good place" reminds me of just how much the Lord loves us all and can use anything for good.

I have been thinking a lot lately of how the Lord says in His word to "think on good things" and I honestly believe this book holds to that, or at least for me anyways.

I told Randal that reading this book was like watching a TV show, since I don't hardly watch TV much it was as close as I was going to get.  

I feel like I accomplished something today by completing this book, is that sad or what!?

14 comments:

  1. I like to read, just never seem to have time anymore, the only thing I read often is the Bible.
    I love to get stuck on a good book, but I have a hard time putting it down... :/
    I'll look into finding those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the Bible is the best book ever, so I think you're good. lol

    I really don't have time to read or watch tv, etc, etc, but I got into this book and couldn't put it down.

    My email address is candy_bonds@yahoo.com

    I tried to click on the invite you sent me, but I couldn't get it to open again from my computer. I tried from my phone,and well not sure what I did, but I probably did something wrong. Please send it again if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get much time to read, but I try VERY hard to fit in the Bible each day, and fun stuff, and I love being crafty, but it works out when it can.

      I'll get you another invite sent! :)

      Delete
  3. Rachel I soooo understand! We have to fit some fun stuff in. I spend some of my free time on our website and taking pictures and I enjoy doing that. Seriously though, I don't like to read, but I did love these books.

    Thanks for the invite...sorry you had to send it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking pictures, too!! I hope one day that I will be able to do more with photography, but right now, I think the Lord just wants me to take care of my family, and our way of life. It's all good though! :)

      Delete
  4. Aw Rachel I totally understand!!! That's why this is my last year teaching, so that I can stay home and be there for the kids and help on the ranch. There is so much I want to learn about photography, just not enough time yet. It does get easier to do more once the kiddos get bigger...I promise. Life is always busy and crazy, but a bit easier. I love taking pics of the family with the horses, working cattle, and such though so I can remember what all we've done. LOL I have a very bad memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reading suggestions! I might just have to check those out...I love reading...I'm kind of a nerd like that...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem Hannah...I really think you'll love them! I ordered them off of Amazon. Hey you're talking to the "math nerd" remember? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopped over here from Ranchin'Momma! Thanks for sharing... I LOVE to read. When I have time. I can go through a book in a day if that is all I do. Or at least half, ha! I used to do that as a teenager. Gone are the days. Ha! Anyway, I will have to check into this series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jennifer! So glad you found me through Ranchin' Momma :D I can't believe I have read two books in a year...it is truly a miracle because generally I don't like to read, so if it says much about this series that I am looking forward to reading the third book...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I came over thru Ranchin Momma's blog~the books sound really good, I really enjoy reading...when I have time! I'll be back to visit, I like your blog. Feel free to come over and visit mine anytime!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there Cow Pies and Mud Pies...love that name...we can totally relate to it. Thanks for coming over and I have already checked out your blog and I look forward to looking at it some more.

    You have a great week too girl!

    I am so excited about all my new Christian/ranching friends I have made this week :) very encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great book! I might have to check it out. I enjoy a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa I really think you would like it! I am reading the third book right now and it's been great so far too.

    If you guys read it, you will have to let me know what you think! ~even if you didn't like it ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...