The Prognosis

I got home with a contraption that looks like a torture device from the Medieval times, I kid you not.  This device is actually used for spinal traction (aka stretching the spine).  So after all this time, praise the Lord we know what is causing the pain.  It is a herniated disc.  To be precise it is located between disc c5 and c6. 


"How bad's the pain?" asked Dr. Allison.  I knew what he was getting at.  You see, he told me earlier in the doctor visit that he usually doesn't see patients at the stage I am at.  I am at a point where it could get better or it could get worse and rupture.  He usually sees patients that already have a ruptured disc.  "Well I am in constant pain, but if you think that traction could help then let's try that first."  I am confident that it will work.  Even considering how scary the picture that looks like a woman hanging from a door jam, with a contraption around her neck may look...I am believing it will alleviate the pain.


Oh and how could I forget the MRI.  Turns out I must of had an open air MRI for the shoulder, because I almost had a panic attack as they wheeled me under that machine today.  I had a brace around my neck, which didn't help either.  I just started praying, almost crying, pictured the sky above me, and never opened my eyes.  My hand went to sleep in there too, which was annoying.  I however, did make it through.  Ha ha! I think they would have to sedate my mother if she ever has to have an MRI.  Dr. Allison recommended that particular place for the MRI, because that machine takes better film of the spine.  The herniated disc could only be seen from one side view, so an x-ray would not have shown the damage.  I think that may be one reason why the Lord orchestrated everything the way he did.  Who knows.  He does.


Okay so let me wrap this up.  All the kiddos are home and man does that feel great!  I am so proud of each of them.  They all have their way of helping out around here.  I pray that I can be the example and parent to them that the Lord wants me to be, because they sure deserve the best.


What day is this anyways?  School is out and I am losing track of time!  That was so random.






 


3 comments:

  1. Pain. Uck. Hope the torture device works!
    I think I might freak going in one of those MRI machines, too. I no likey tight spaces. Not one bit. :/

    Praying for ya!

    Glad the kids are home, I'm sure it's nice to be in a normal again. By the way, I think it's now Tuesday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and that the "contraption" is successful in your healing! :o) God Bless Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...