My Plan and His Plan

Where am I going with this?  This happens to be the question I ask myself many times about my blog.  I feel like it is important to capture our lives and tell our story.  I want to be able to look back someday and remember all the details about our lives that my mind probably will not be able to recall on its own.  So, that's what I want to do. 

I want to recap this week and also what the Lord has laid on my heart.

To start off the week, we made a trip to Russellville.  I had an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon to look at my MRI results on my shoulder and see what is causes the pain in my neck, back, and shoulder.  This has been about an eight month process by the way and I am so ready to find out what is going on.  Anyways, Dr. Allison doesn't think it is my shoulder at all, therefore he is sending me for an MRI of my cervical spine on Monday.  I will meet with him directly after the MRI to go over the results.  I am praying for answers and trusting the Lord will guide the doctor in making his prognosis. So, that was Monday's happenings.

O had three t-ball games this week.  We missed Monday's game because of my doctor's appointment, but we made it to the other two.  Owen's doing really well on third base!  They have a really good little team and should be first in their league.

Randal and I worked cattle this week.  I will have to say the day we worked cattle in the pen, was a little challenging.  It was a blast, but frustrating to me at the same time.  First of all it was one of those days where I just could not get woke up.  I could not stop yawning for some reason.  I seriously didn't feel awake until around ten-thirty.  Back to the point, we brought all the cows and calves into the pen by our barn.  We did this on horseback.  Once in the pen, Randal separated them into different pens.  We had some that were going to be turned back out, some needing weaned, some needing to be moved, etc.  So we get them in the proper pens and then need to do some more separating.  My job was to bring the calves, that needed to be turned back out, through the gate and in with the cows that were going to be let back out.  At this point I was wishing I knew a little cutting, because it sure would have been handy!  Most of them were pretty easy, but there was this one steer.  Always has to be one right? He would not go to the gate and his momma was in there waiting for him and everything.  I mean seriously, go to your momma! Ha! He was stubborn and I was determined.  Randal keeps talking me through what to do and FINALLY he goes in! Whew!  Randal and I talked about it later.  I told him I was frustrated.  Randal reminded me not to get frustrated, but to stay focused, calm, and patient.  Not to force anything.  Love that man!  Every time I work cattle I learn something new.  I can not express how much I enjoy the cattle and using the horses, as well as the dogs, to work them. 

This week I also spent more alone time with the Lord.  I was feeling a little overwhelmed, as we all do at times.  I was reading Rural Women Rock's last post about God having a plan for our lives and I just felt like I needed to pour my heart out to the Lord.  I did and I felt a weight lifted.  It is so easy to get distracted by life, but it is so important to stay focused on the one that makes life worth living.  He does have a plan.  I don't have to worry or fret about it, I just need to let Him guide me. 

I hope you guys had a wonderful week!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  Love you Dad!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a week! Awesome! Yes, it's easy to get off on our own track, but when we do get back to Him, wow what a difference it can make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy let Him lead. I will have you in my prayers. I am so glad I happened over- I'm thinking....... not just happened:) I always enjoy!!

    Kind regards,
    Kasse D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasse! I really appreciate your prayers! You and Rural Women Rock have been such a blessing to me. I don't know how many times something on there was exactly what I was needing to hear.

      God does have a plan!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...