Jami and Jesus

So we all need reminders that we are not alone in fighting our daily battles right?  I know I need a good reminder every once and a while (a swift kick in the booty) that God is right here beside me, in complete control, and always has been.



Sometimes life can be overwhelmingly demanding and exhausting. That's when we let our defenses down and if allowed, Satan will try and rob us of our joy. Now, I am not saying I have been perfect during these moments of weakness, but I am trying to do better and be more aware.   

I was reading one of my favorite devotionals the other day and it prompted me to look back at my life and remember specific times the Lord had stepped in and taken control of a situation that seemed to be hopeless.  I was laying in bed,
praying that the Lord would bring to mind those times, because to be honest my mind was tired, my body was tired and I couldn't hardly think straight.  Thankfully things started popping in my head.  One particular time the Lord brought to mind is how HE orchestrated  the friendship between my best friend, Jami, and me. 

I met Jami in third grade.  I had just moved to Cedarville, Arkansas from Hartshorne, Oklahoma.  Jami and I hit it off and our friendship remained pretty steady through our high school years.  Years after we had graduated, married, and had children, Jami ended up attending church where my grandpa pastors.  During one particular service the alter call was given and the Lord just kept tugging on my heart to go back and get Jami and lead her to the alter.  I argued and tried to push the thoughts aside, but the Lord was not allowing it to go away.  Finally, I walked back and took Jami by the hand.  As a matter of fact , two years ago Jami and I were having a serious heart to heart, and I mean one that helped change the direction of my life, that she reminded me of that day and thanked me.  I don't tell you all this to toot my own horn, but to tell you that the Lord had and has a plan!

You see, Jami has been a key person of spiritual guidance, accountability, and hope for me over the past couple of years.  We went years without talking, mainly because life was going on and we were busy.  However, God knew we needed each other.  I am so thankful that I have a friend in Jami and Jesus and that many moons ago He made us friends.  The Lord cares so much about me (and you) that He puts people in our lives to remind us of His love.  I have prayed that specific prayer many times for others as well as myself that the Lord would use small things to remind us that He cares and loves us.

This was just one spiritual landmark that the Lord brought to my mind, but my life has thankfully been full of them.  I encourage you to think back at all the times the Lord has came through for you.  This will be a perfect way to help kick-start you pulling yourself up by your bootstraps! You see, He knows the future and He holds it!

10 comments:

  1. Love this post and is so true how God has great plans! It is great to look back on what He has orchestrated! Thanks for this reminder! God Bless you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah and God Bless YOU! Sometimes looking back is a good thing. I know I was in need of a reminder so I thought others may need one as well (:

      Delete
  2. Amen sista! God puts us here to help others and spread His mighty word across this dry land, looking for Holy water. Love that He used you in such a special way, and what a wonderful memory for you and Jami.
    I'm not sure I have ever been used in such a wonderful way, but I know as I learn more and more and study His word, one day God will lead me and my family in a direction of teaching to others.... time shall tell. :)

    Thanks for sharing, I absolutely love this post, sweet gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel I know God is already using you and will continue to use you to spread His word! If we are willing to be a vessel for him, He WILL use us.

      You are so welcome my sweet friend (:

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post! We serve a wonderful God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Candy! It is amazing what happens when we listen and obey.

    Kasse D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Kasse! I have definitely had my times when I did not obey, and the consequences are not fun at all. The outcome is always more pleasant when I do what He says! (:

      Delete
  5. Love. This. Post. Very much needed to read it. I have a best friend like that too & I do think we were brought together b/c God knew we would be instrumental in each others lives. Thanks for sharing!

    -Heather
    http://buckupbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and being a part of this site Heather! God is so amazing! Having a friend that is from the Lord is the best...plain and simple. I am glad you have that same experience.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...