Ever Asked: What's Up With Me God?


 
Do you have that uneasy feeling in your heart?  

 Have you ever? 

You can't quiet put your finger on what "it" is that's bothering you and all you want is to feel peace.

 
As I was reading scriptures in my Life Application Study Bible (NLT), I felt the following scripture shed light on what I believe, as Christians, we all face from time to time.  You know, it's when you want to get away from everyone.  Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about here.  We've all been there.

 
 ~ Proverbs 14:4 ~ 
Without an oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest. 


Footnotes: When a farmer has no oxen, the stable will be clean but he will be unable to make a living.  The only way to keep your life free of people problems is to keep it free of people.  But if your life is empty of people, it is useless; and if you live only for yourself, your life loses its meaning.  Instead of avoiding people, we should serve others, share our faith, and work for justice.  Is your life clean but empty? Or does it give evidence of your serving God wholeheartedly? 

Proverbs is packed with tons of goodies like this!  
 
Sometimes all we need to fill that craving is a sweet verse from the Word.
(I should have posted a picture of something chocolate, instead of flowers ;-)




7 comments:

  1. Yes, so often we want to be rid of people, and especially when those people make us feel uneasy, or not welcome. Even in church you see this. But, it's not about those people, it's about the ones who need people like you, and that's the way God wants it to be, we can't be friends with everyone, but we can be friends to those who need us. God leads us on the right paths, to those who need us, and those that we need. :) He's just awesome like that! :D

    Love this. Yes, Proverbs is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more Rachel. Sometimes these are hard lessons to learn, but God is so good to be patient and teach us if we are willing to listen. He is awesome... I mean he did lead me to you ;-)

      Delete
    2. Sometimes they are, sometimes you just wish some people weren't the way they are, but that's just how it is.
      Yep, I thought of how he led us to become friends, even so many miles away! :D

      Delete
  2. Loved this post girl! Just what I needed today! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm so thankful this post encouraged you! That's what it's all about.

      Delete
  3. You have no idea how much I needed to read this morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome :-) I love to share what the Lord is speaking to me and pray that it encourages someone else along the way too

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...