Can You Hardly Wait?

Excitement makes it easy for the woman to awake well before daylight.  She arises and throws on the clothing that was meticulously laid out the night before.  She picks up the case and needed supplies by the door and proceeds out to her ride.  


A few miles down the gravel road she parks by the orange metal gate.  She reaches in the back for her supplies.  It's still dark so she must walk to her destination by memory, that familiar and trusted path she's relied on numerous times to get her where she wants to be.  The path is narrow, but that makes it even easier to follow in the dark. 

 


Once at her destination, she climbs steadily up the stairs.  All the while, she is careful not to make a sound.  She is listening, feeling, taking in all the activity ,or lack of it, around her.  


The place she sits acts as a shield from her prey.  Her heart is pounding as she is overcome with anticipation of daylight.  Ready to put all her preparation to use.  She is eager for the light, waiting for her moment to shine.  



My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for 
the morning.  I say, more than they that watch for the morning.  
Let Israel hope for the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, 
and with him is plenteous redemption.  
                                                                                                                                         ~Psalm 130:6-7


As I was thinking about these two scriptures, I thought who would anticipate the morning?  Being the country girl that I am and coming from a family of avid hunters, a huntress immediately came to mind.   


Just as the hunter anxiously and earnestly waits for the daylight to start their sport, we as Christians should be excited about waiting on our Lord.

Question is...


how excited are we about waiting on Him? 



6 comments:

  1. Amen, sista!! :)

    Yes, we all should be anxious to wait on the Lord, and do His will for us. I truly believe that as a true Christian we are stepping up to the plate to serve Him in some wonderful way, by sharing His love and word with those who need Him just as badly as the other person.

    Love this, you are getting good with your words my friend!! :D And, yes'm, I do know the Lord is laying this on your precious little heart! Love that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I think we are too girl and it feels really good to feel his presence.

      And for the words, not bad for a math teacher huh? Lol I am working harder on my grammar skills.

      I just want to grow and learn more from the Lord and be used by him. I am glad I have such good friends like you that keep me accountable and lifted up. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer...sorry it took me forever to respond!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...